In an effort to better use the leftover veggies in our fridge or the veggies from our garden that aren't enough to do much with, we have turned to making quiches for dinner.
This is a very simple vegetarian recipe that you can easily amend to make non-vegetarian, or with any other vegetables you have on hand. You can use fake eggs or real eggs, cheese or no cheese. Get creative and it can become a weekly dinner staple in your home.
1. Eggs (either a large carton of egg substitute or whites, or a dozen regular eggs) I used a combo of both because that's what was in my refrigerator!
2. 1/2 an onion (red or white)
3. 8 to 16 cups of spinach. I know it sounds like a lot but we cook it down. (Don't have spinach? Substitute with broccoli!)
4. 1 red pepper (or green or yellow)
5. 1 tomato (Don't have a tomato? Use an avocado!)
6. 1/2 cup of grated cheese (optional)
7. Pam for spraying
8. Salt (optional)
9. Pepper (optional)
10. 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk but you can use any kind)
(Don't like chopping veggies? Don't have time to chop? Use a large container of salsa instead!)
Here are my ingredients before chopping and mixing.