Here is what you'll need:
2) Scissors or a rotary cutter and mat;
4) Yarn, string, twine in whatever color you want.
1) First, cut squares or rectangles the size you want. I would experiment with some regular printer paper to figure out what the best size is for your project. A rotary cutter or paper cutter is also really helpful if you want everything to be exact. You don't have to be precise though, especially if you're suspending these babies from a distance--no one will know!
This is what it should look like when you're done accordianing it.
3) Pinch in the center of the accordion and staple.
4) Cut a LONG piece of the string/yarn that you will be using. I would cut about double of the size you want it.
You will need
1) Scrapbooking paper;
3) Scissors or rotary cutter and mat.
1) Cut four strips the same size out of scrapbooking paper.